Tuesday 19 July 2011

New blazer and two new shirts = All money gone

At the weekend, one of my local vintage shops, Purple Haze, relocated. This was for various reasons, the main one being the need for a bigger shop floor. I can safely say the new shop has some lovely touches, such as the mock book wallpaper on the wall behind the counter (giving the impression of Ollivanders Wand Shop) and an upstairs purely for menswear. This new shop opening was good and bad news because my purse was quickly emptied of all currency in under three days of the new shop being there.

On the Saturday, I decided to christen the new opening by buying this gorgeous colourful shirt. It almost looks like a bomber jacket here, but in reality it's made of a very light material. Perfect for Summer!


I wore it on the Saturday night when I went to see the new (amazing) Harry Potter at the cinema with a leather waist high skirt, long pendant necklace and Dr Marten classic black shoes. I also added red lipstick, one of my trademark touches, to bring out the colour in the shirt. I wore it the next day with my straight leg Levis, brown 80s boots/black Dr Marten boots and black Harrington jacket for a more casual look.

On the Monday, instead of saving up for a near by trip to London like I should be, I splashed out on two other beauties, including this little baby.


I'd wanted a tweed blazer since A/W last year, so I had to grab this at the bargain price of £29 to get myself ready for Autumn, my favourite time of the year for clothes. The only bad thing about this lovely jacket is that it doesn't have elbow patches, but I'm considering getting my hands dirty and sewing them on myself.

This was my second purchase of the day, another shirt to add to my collection.



I love the pattern and I have tried wearing it with my leather skirt and Dr Marten shoes again, sleeves down and buttons fully done up, for a more sixties look. It looks pretty Modish and although I've recently been wearing my shirts with the buttons down for a summery look, the buttons up really complete the outfit.

I won't be buying anything else for at least another week, AND I need to save up for a massive shopping trip in London. Sob :( It's worth it though!

No comments:

Post a Comment